- Estimated Horsepower Gain: 5 HP @ 4300 RPM
- Replacement Filter : 21-2127DK
- Tuned and dyno-tested to improve acceleration and engine sound
- Low restriction aluminum tubing
- Heat shield (applicable on certain models)
- Washable and reusable oil-free filter media
- AEM Lifetime Limited Warranty
AEM pioneered the Cold Air induction system for sport compact cars in 1994.
A Cold Air intake system relocates the filter outside of the engine compartment (in some cases) to deliver the coolest air inlet temperatures possible. Cooler air carries more oxygen, which translates into a more intense explosion in the combustion chamber to create more horesepower and torque. But that's only part of the power equation. Tuning the inlet pipe in length and diameter to match the engine's resonance helps move more air to the cylinders (think of your engine as a big air pump). We also monitor fuel trim correction factors and all OBDII sensors during R&D to eliminate leaning the engine out and/or throwing a check engine light.
Our Cold Air systems are dyno-proven and tested against the competition to create more useable power than any other system of their kind.